[Xastir-dev] Local Stations not displaying

Jerry Chamberlin jerryc at netlab.org
Fri Aug 16 14:45:07 EDT 2002

Serial TNC.
Stations show up everywhere but on the MAP Screen (using tiger)
monitor Serial TNC shows good data coming in .
view show everything works,  just no ICons or calls on map.
Will run Debug and see if that helps.
I do see myself because I have echo on on the tnc.

I did change bulliton range prior to this happening, set it back to 0 after
setting it to 200.
Will check that also.

Later, hopefully I will get some Play Time this weekend.

73

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:
>
> > Since sometime after last Friday
> > Local Stations have quit displaying on the screen.
> > They are there in View Local Stations.
> >
> > No Changes in TNC or Equipment here.
> > Plain Serial Kantronics.
>
> Not much info to go on!  Do you get this sort of operation when you
> first start Xastir or does it happen later?
>
> Unfortunately I'm off local RF for a bit.  Doing some serious
> surgery on two computers at home.  I can't test to make sure all of
> the interfaces are still doing what they're supposed to, but you're
> the first one to report a problem.
>
> All local stations (I assume you mean "heard on RF") are gone?
> You're seeing them in "View->Local Stations".  Are you seeing the
> packets come in ok in "View->Incoming Packet Data"?
>
> Are you direct to RF with Xastir, or are you going through some feed
> like aprsd?  What type of interface are you using in Xastir?  Serial
> TNC?  AX.25 Kernel Networking?  Serial KISS?  HSP?  AUX Port?
>
> What version of Xastir?  CVS?
>
> Have you tried turning on Debug and looking at what Xastir thinks is
> the problem?  Receiving just one packet while in debug 2047 might
> tell you a great deal, or at the very least you could send us a
> capture of the debug output and we could perhaps tell you more.
>

>     (xastir -v2047 2>&1) | tee debug.log
>

> Let me know what you find out, or send me a capture file (gzipped or
> zipped if large).
>
> Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com
> Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

The Net Lab year 2000 and beyond Internet Education is Science
http://www.netlab.org
WA0JRJ - Jerry
used to be ICQ 6408731
used to be AIM PappyJerry