[Xastir-Dev] Language Translations

hacker at tc.fluke.com hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Dec 9 16:47:23 EST 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Eric Charikane wrote:

> Many thanks for every answer. My trouble was due to bad drivers. The
> latest from kespan web site are working fine ! And now, so does Xastir
> !!

Glad you got it running!

On another subject, if you would care to translate any of the
English lines to French in the xastir/config/language-French.sys
file, please send them along.  I can get them into the sources
quickly so that the next French-speaking person will have the
correct strings showing up in Xastir.

We're constantly tweaking language files.  When adding new lines we
typically add them in English, mostly as a placeholder for whoever
cares to do the proper translation later.

That goes for the rest of the users:  If you know English and one of
the other languages well, please translate the remaining English
lines in those files or the help files and send the changes to me.

If you could do this against the CVS versions of the files it would
help to prevent multiple  people translating the same strings.  Snag
individual language or help files from the CVS->Browse CVS area on
sourceforge.net/projects/xastir if you're not already running the
CVS version of Xastir.

If anyone knows yet another language that we don't currently
support, please translate the xastir/config/language-English.sys
file to that new language and send it to me.  If you're real bored
you can translate the English help file to the new language as well.
Adding a new language to Xastir is fairly painless.  There's no
reason we have to stop at seven languages!

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com