[Xastir-Dev] Map chooser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 23 00:48:29 EST 2002

I'm sending this to both Xastir lists.  Apologies to those of you who
get multiple copies.

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, vic alger wrote:

> Hot diggity.............I like what I see.....
> What do you want to know...

I want to know if anyone sees any problems with the map listings,
whether they're not sorted correctly, whether junk shows up there
that shouldn't, whether maps do not show up that should, etc.

Any problems need to be accompanied by enough data for me to
duplicate the problem or at least enough data for me to know where to
look in the code to fix it.

It looks like the last reported problem (hope hope!) might have been
a space in a path/filename that caused corruption in the map chooser.
Xastir has not been tweaked to handle spaces in the paths or
filenames, although I think that is one of the feature requests.
Instead of spaces, consider using underlines or concatenate the
pieces together and capitalize the first letters of each word.

If anyone is still having problems with the map chooser, please
report in.  Thanks!

BTW:  The draw_filled field is not coded yet anywhere.  It's intended
to be used for Shapefiles and DOS/WinAPRS maps, so you can overlay
several of them without having the areas filled in.  It's very useful
for overlaying Shapefiles on top of Terraserver images or geoTIFF
topo maps, but you can have the same effect right now by turning off
area color fills globally on the maps menu.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer