[Xastir-Dev] problem with drg geotiff maps

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Nov 1 14:18:33 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Gerry Creager wrote:

> <SlapToTheHead>  The registration points for DRG[E] will not be corner
> points but will be within the image.  Otherwise you can't really
> register them right.
> </SlapToTheHead>
>
> Sounds like, if they're tilted, they're UTM.  Again, I'll check soon as
> I have some time.

'Splain dude.  Which registration points?  Not the ones in the FGD I
assume, as those are supposed to be the lat/lon boundaries of the
map.  Must be the registration points inside the geoTIFF, which are
used by these calls:

    GTIFProj4ToLatLong ()
    GTIFProj4FromLatLong()
    GTIFImageToPCS()
    GTIFPCSToImage()

Right now I expect that's where things might be screwed up.  Can't
be _our_ code, right???

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com