[Xastir-Dev] problem with drg geotiff maps

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu Nov 7 15:36:40 EST 2002

No problem on the delay. For Curt and anyone else interested, I have
posted a summary of my tests at:
http://www.lightningflash.net/~jlc7944/xastir-shots/

The upshot is :
* The DRG-E files will draw over the correct spots if you remove the
.fgd file, but will overflow their boundaries and

* The DRG-E files will draw over the correct spots with decent boundary
trimming (as far as I can tell, which isn't very far: correct me!) if
you use a .fgd file taken from 'real' DRG files from USGS.

Basically: get rid of the .fgd file from the DRG-E!!

The reason I couldn't get the maps to display was that I wasn't deleting
the map_index.sys file from my ~/.xastir/conf/ directory and so my
changes to the .fgd weren't being taken into account. After I started
removing the index file between restarts during the testing, it was
working as Curt had described.

73 Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O