[Xastir-Dev] SuSE 8.1 and Xastir Build

John D. Hays john at hays.org
Sun Oct 20 21:42:51 EDT 2002

I just loaded up SuSE 8.1 Professional up a Toshiba laptop and decided to
build Xastir for mobile use.  Several of the libraries, etc. have been
updated from 8.0. A fresh download of the CVS would not link correctly (all
kinds of errors for the Xm stuff) - After a variety of approaches, I deleted
the config.cache and executed configure again.  Compiled up nicely.  Now if
I could just get the sound_tools and festival to compile :)

BTW, the install of 8.1 is the best they've had yet, a breeze.

BTW, This laptop doesn't have a serial port so I used a "PDA" USB<->Serial
converter and plugged in the GPS (haven't done a TNC yet) ... worked like a
charm.  It was at /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 ... (I-Concepts $30 at CompUSA)

John - K7VE