[Xastir-Dev] problem with drg geotiff maps

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Wed Oct 30 20:48:28 EST 2002

Curt,

I don't think what I have are MrSID compressed files. They have the .tif
extension and I can `xview` them with the following output from xview:

[jlc7944 at baconcheddar geotiff]$ xview 309621o.tif
309621o.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 33550 (0x830e) ignored.
309621o.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 33922 (0x8482) ignored.
309621o.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 34735 (0x87af) ignored.
309621o.tif: Warning, unknown field with tag 34737 (0x87b1) ignored.
309621o.tif is a 5042x5796 8-bit single-plane colormap Macintosh TIFF
imageTitled "single-plane "
Using DirectColor visual
Building XImage...done

ImageMagick can read it just fine. I do have some other files in MrSID
format, but they're areal photographs and I know ImageMagick won't read it.

However, I will re-install my MrSID tools and see if I can do anything
with that... I'll keep you guys up on my progress.

73 KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
Apple decided to charge money for my mac.com address so:
joe at lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat
the cookies.