[Xastir-dev] Re: your mail

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Sep 10 18:24:12 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Jack Twilley wrote:

> It may be best to have the option to disable the popping-up of any
> bulletin from a station whose position is not known.

I intended to respond to this at the time, but evidently didn't.
:-(

What you suggest is specifically what I was trying to avoid.  I
wanted the bulletins to be less annoying so that people would keep
the popups enabled.

In case of some sort of disaster I'd like the bulletins to pop up
whether or not the station has sent a posit.  People running Xastir
can choose not to send any posits (and might forget to enable them
during critical operations).  You could miss a posit that doesn't
happen often then miss a time-critical bulletin because of it.

I _think_ the current code is working better.  I actually would like
to get rid of the toggleButton which disables bulletin popups, but
might get a bit of flack now if I do.

If people would use the bulletins for more important uses it'd be
better too.

We still need to write the code for Xastir to be able to send
bulletins.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com