[Xastir-dev] Re: [aprssig] Re: Getting Tiger2000 data?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Sep 16 13:37:50 EDT 2002

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> Seriously, though, maybe it's worth converting the Tiger/2000 data to
> shapefiles. For the people on this list, at least, there's no reason to
> use old data if the newer data is what you want. I haven't managed to have
> time figure out why the "proper" fix for DOQ tiling doesn't work, but
> maybe I can come up with some time to make a batch conversion script for
> Tiger stuff.

If you'd like to figure out the conversion stuff, that's fine.
It'll probably help the next time around that census.gov releases
new TigerLine files.

At the moment, the geographynetwork.com TigerLine -> Shapefile
conversions are working just fine.

What I was proposing was that the Shapefile versions only be cached
somewhere where people could more easily download them by state.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com