[Xastir-dev] Segfault

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Sep 26 18:44:31 EDT 2002

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> After doing a CVS update today and recompiling, I started getting
> segfaults.  Before the segfault, I got a lot of messages of the form:
>
> *** Skipping '/usr/local/xastir/maps/o47171hl.geo', IMAGESIZE tag
> missing or incorrect. ***
>
> Since I typically use tigermaps, I moved the map directory out of the
> way and now Xastir seems to be working normally.  Is there something I
> need to reconfigure?

I had a similar problem here when I implemented the map indexing.
Indexing happens right after you start up Xastir, and if there are
any map files that will cause a problem during normal operation
(when selected), they can cause a problem at startup now as well.

In my case the IMAGESIZE stuff was just printing out warnings and
was not causing the segfaults.

The file that was causing the segfault was an incomplete Shapefile
that I didn't know about.  I moved that out of the way and
everything worked again.

I suppose it'd be good to write the names of the map files we're
indexing out to a file, so we could look at that file to see where
the problem is.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com