[Xastir-Dev] malloc error on Mac OS X

David Flood davidf at safeharbor.com
Mon Aug 4 11:33:53 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I left Xastir running on my work 10.2.6 machine over the weekend.  It is
running last Thursday's CVS code.

This morning, it had terminated with the following error:

malloc[431]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x1; This could be a
double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block;  Try
setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug

and then

Bus error xastir (since I was running it as a & command from the standard
X11 xterm window)

I've restarted it from the same window and it appears to be working again.
Any suggestions or flags that anyone wants set to help debug this?

Dave
KD7MYC