[Xastir-Dev] Symbols disappearing and malloc errors without crashing

David Flood davidf at safeharbor.com
Fri Aug 8 20:03:14 EDT 2003

I just happened to look over at my OS X Mac and noticed that all symbols
other than the one for the position of the Mac had disappeared.  This
occurred in the last 5 min or so after 20+ hours of runtime.  When I closed
and then reopened my interfaces to get the last 1/2 hour of history, some of
the symbols came back but I noticed several malloc errors in my xterm
window.

This is yesterday's CVS (I think).

I've terminated Xastir, set MALLOC_OPTIONS=X, and restarted Xastir to get
more info the next time a malloc error occurs.  Then the problem becomes,
who out there wants to talk reading Mac malloc dumps?

Dave
KD7MYC