[Xastir-Dev] Marine Zones Not Lighting Up

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Aug 15 12:40:38 EDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, dale huguley wrote:

> I am using mz15jl03 shape files - maybe they changed the dbf format again?

I'm using much older files.

Question:  Are other alerts showing up?

Did you remember to run the two migrate scripts recently to move all
of your files to the new location?

New location is: /usr/local/share/xastir/Counties
Old one was:     /usr/local/xastir/Counties

Note:  If anyone needs to run the migration scripts, follow this
rough procedure:

1) Kill any Xastir instances that are running.

2) Run /usr/local/lib/xastir/xastir-migrate.sh once as root.

3) Run /usr/local/lib/xastir/xastir-fixcfg.sh once as each user (not
as root) that might have ever run Xastir.

4) Restart Xastir.

Easy way to tell if you need to run the migration scripts:  You'll
have an /usr/local/xastir directory on your system.  That means
you've run Xastir in the past, when the directory structure used by
Xastir was somewhat different.

Dale:  I'll try downloading the latest shapefiles and try them.  I
won't throw away my old ones yet though!

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com