[Xastir-dev] 12-bits tiffjpeg support

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Dec 1 14:51:54 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Gennady Khokhorin wrote:

> Any ideas how to decode 12-bits tiff with jpeg compression?
> Sample file is here:
> ftp.aeromap.com/gok/12_bits_tiff/12_bits.tiff
> File (56M) is the same image with 10 different resolutions.

Are you trying to use it with Xastir?  Is it a geotiff, or a regular
tiff file (with a .geo file)?

We handle only a limited range of formats in a geotiff.  The one you
describe isn't one of them.  We accept the USGS DRG geoTIFF
formatting only.  You could perhaps convert it to that format first.

For a regular TIFF file, we handle whatever your ImageMagick can
handle.  As long as the projection isn't too strange you should be
able to create a .GEO file to go with it.

If you're not trying to use it from within Xastir, you could try
asking your questions on the geotiff mailing list.  If not using
geotiff's, then perhaps there's a TIFF mailing list.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com