[Xastir-Dev] Re: Re: CPU still too busy for the wrong reasons

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Dec 2 11:44:52 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 10:24:17AM -0800, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <hacker at tc.fluke.com> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> >
> > I wonder if that should be reported to the FreeBSD guys?
>
> Once isolated in a simpler test program, perhaps.

Awfully easy to do.  Just take the UpdateTime() function, knock out
99.9% of it, turn it into a main, and watch it consume CPU.

Actually I suppose it might require an X11 front-end because of the
way it was written.  Just a dialog with a close button would work.
That way you'd have the X11 loop at the UpdateTime() loop
functional.  Maybe not so trivial, but still do-able.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com