[Xastir-Dev] Re: Re: CPU still too busy for the wrong reasons

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Dec 2 11:50:09 EST 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> I also get better (linux) performance with nexttime = 2... I had better
> performance than the default (1) even at nexttime = 5, but '2' is a
> better (subjective) setting.

'2' lets the loop run more often, servicing more inputs.  That can
get important if you have a lot of data coming in, particularly if
you have quite a few interfaces running.  That's why I knocked it
down from '10' quite a while back.  Some people's systems weren't
keeping up with the incoming data at '10'.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com