[Xastir-dev] Segfault

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Dec 3 15:35:53 EST 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> Caught Segfault! Xastir will terminate
> Last incoming line was: KF6HJO*>WIDE2>APS221:}MTRNPW>APRS,TCPIP,KF6HJO*::NWS_ADVIS:031700z,DENSE_FOG,CAZ5>10-65-74-75 {3BFAB
> 03:47:18
>
> Unfortunately, it was a CVS build and I just rebuilt to try Curt's new
> map selection code (looks great, Curt!) so I can't debug it very well.

It could have been that the above packet triggered the OGR code.
I'm assuming that you've got GDAL recognized and compiled in on your
system.

I'm working on the OGR code.  In the draw_shapefile_map function I
put in a call to draw_ogr_map().  You can try importing the packet
again (assuming it hasn't expired, else you'll need to tweak the
expire date by changing the "03" to "04" or later) to see if that's
where the segfault is coming from.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com