[Xastir-dev] Position accuracy

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Dec 7 09:44:45 EST 2003

The compressed positions with resolution of 1 foot are really
misrepresentations.  Bob B.'s said this, and I've actually agreed with
him, although not always for the same reasons he stated.

When you're entering data for a position, it's considered good practice
in the geodetic surveying community to enter the coordinates as
precisely and accurately as possible.  That way, if there's a subsequent
loss of precision, it's not for want of good initial data.

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173