[Xastir-dev] Xastir a CPU pig again?

Brian D Heaton bdheaton at c4i2.com
Fri Dec 26 01:13:37 EST 2003

Tom,

	Hmm, hopefully Curt will be back in a day or two and can let us know
what the rationale was behind the change and if flipping it to 1ms will
work for everyone.

	I think you're right about the pthreads library.  I beat my head on it
a while back for some work on aprsd.  I wonder if BSD and some versions
of Linux ship with a different version than I've been using.  Likely it
has something to do with the efficiency of acquiring and holding the
mutex locks during the send operation.

	In the good new department I got my Igate/digi running again.  A little
antenna work tomorrow and all will be well here.  I'll probably also
swap out the old TR-7800 that is currently the digi/igate radio with an
FT-2600 I just picked up.  Now I've just got to get comfy with digi_ned
so I can do more intelligent stuff than whats available in the KPC3+.
<G>

			73/N5VFF