[Xastir-dev] Xastir a CPU pig again?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 26 12:11:48 EST 2003

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003, Brian D Heaton wrote:

> 	Interesting.  I wonder if th 100us vs. 100ms was a typo when the change
> was committed?

Wasn't a typo.  Intentional.  Was trying to remove all sorts of
largish delays that appeared to be much more than necessary.  Was
doing this both to decrease the time between Xastir transmit and TNC
transmit, and to make things more efficient/faster for internet
receive.

The delays that I reduced did not affect CPU time on any Linux
systems that I run.  In fact some of them were made too small and
then cranked back up a bit to make sure of it.  On Linux.  Can't test
on all platforms unfortunately.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer