[Xastir-Dev] Where's "wget" installed on various systems?

Chris Bell cbell at junknet.com
Thu Feb 6 13:42:14 EST 2003

> "wget" is in /usr/bin on my SuSE Linux boxes.
>
> Please check and let me know where it is installed on other OS'es,
> and if it's different than /usr/bin, exactly which OS and version
> you checked it on.

Solaris up through 9: does not come with standard OS, so the third
party packages or source usually install in /usr/local/bin.  The
"companion CD" that comes with solaris 8/9 with PD tools installs wget
in /usr/sfw/bin.  (yes, blech. It also puts a bunch of stuff in
/opt/sfw/bin)

Can we get configure to search for it?

Chris.