[Xastir-Dev] Local stations bug?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Feb 10 14:49:54 EST 2003

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Jim Chandler wrote:

> WD0ACD and NOVH, both running a very recent CVS version of xastir, started
> sending out message traffic this afternoon for LW2EOV.  We are not sure
> how this got into the local stations list.  I checked my local stations
> and I had the following:  LW2EOV, ZZ2SBX, ZZ2YKB.  I have the log and it's
> about 33k.  Who's familiar with this code and would like to take a peek at
> it?  I know that some recent changes were made in this area.

Here's some code from list_gui.c, where it is displaying the Local
stations:

        case LST_TNC:
            if (forward == 1)
                while (!found && (*p_station) != NULL) {
                    if (((*p_station)->flag & ST_ACTIVE) != 0
                     && ((*p_station)->flag & ST_VIATNC) != 0)
                        found = (char)TRUE;
                    else
                        (*p_station) = (*p_station)->n_next;
                }

It appears that the ST_VIATNC flag might be getting set for
3rd-party messages heard on the local TNC.

I'll have to look further to see where the ST_VIATNC flag is getting
set, and then knock that out for third-party packets.

BTW:  I've seen remote stations show up in my Local Stations list at
home as well, when connected to a local TNC and to an internet
server.

At work, connected only to an internet server, the Local Stations
list is always empty.  At least that's correct.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com