[Xastir-Dev] Re: Missing ImageMagick on Mac OS X

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 16 23:43:18 EST 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Marinus van Opzeeland wrote:

> Not yet but it probably should have mentioned that in the "old"
> configure I added following to make it work.
>
> /sw/bin   to  ac_magick_dirs
> /sw/include/magick  to   ac_magick_inc_dir
>
> This resulted in this line for the linker
>
> gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/freetype2 -D_REENTRANT
> -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 -I/sw/include/libxml2
> -pipe -force_flat_namespace -o xastir  alert.o bulletin_gui.o color.o
> datum.o db.o draw_symbols.o fcc_data.o festival.o gps.o hostname.o
> igate.o interface.o interface_gui.o lang.o list_gui.o locate_gui.o
> location.o location_gui.o main.o maps.o messages.o messages_gui.o
> popup_gui.o rac_data.o rotated.o sound.o track_gui.o util.o
> view_message_gui.o wx.o wx_gui.o xa_config.o snprintf.o  -lXpm -lXp
> -L/sw/lib -lXm  -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lSM -lICE -lXt -lX11 -lXext  -lm
> -lMagick -llcms -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -lpng -ldpstk -ldps -lXext
> -lXt -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lbz2 -lxml2 -lz -lpthread -lm

The problem with the above appears to be that the -L/sw/lib isn't
just previous to the -lMagick.  It should be, else the linker might
not be able to find libMagick.  It might be some of the dupe-checking
that we did that eliminated a second -L/sw/lib which was needed.

I'll have to investigate why it got separated.

So, how come some of your MacOSX guys are having it work, and others
aren't?  Perhaps different versions of ImageMagick and/or different
install locations for it?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer