[Xastir-Dev] [Fwd: autoconf error?]

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 17 20:23:19 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Mark Dieterich wrote:

> I want to preface this with, I don't know the first thing about
> autoconf.  I just updated to the latest CVS snapshot and tried to run
> the bootstrap.sh script.  When I ran the bootstrap, it produced the
> following error:
>
> configure.ac: 22: required file `./[config.h].in' not found
>
> I edited two lines in the configure.ac, removing the [] brackets.  They
> now read:
>
> AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR(src/xastir.h)
> AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)
>
> and things seem to go okay.  Were they supposed to have the [] brackets
> and I missed a step or something?

Make sure you're running automake 1.6.3 or newer and autoconf 2.53 or
newer.  That's more likely where the problem lies.  Olivier reports
that an earlier automake worked for him on Slackware, but I can't
remember the version number.

The current configure.ac is correct for me with the above listed
versions of automake/autoconf.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer