[Xastir-Dev] aprsworld.net maps

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 19 01:20:45 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, James Jefferson wrote:

> > > We use a different scale for X and Y, which changes from 1:1 as you
> > > go away from the equator.
>
> I'm still confused. I am using the left, right, top, and bottom variables from
> the tigermap function. They specify the viewport of the screen, which takes
> into account whatever sort of scaling xastir wants to do, right?

Depends on whether you're bringing in an image and telling Xastir the
locations of the corner/edges, or whether you're just saying fit this
onto the screen somehow.  If you're doing it pixel by pixel, it may
not match.  If you're having Xastir stretch/shrink it to fit the
screen properly, then yes you're doing it right.

I think the Tigermap stuff goes out and gets an image, and then
basically simulates .geo file parameters and has Xastir fit it to the
screen.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer