[Xastir-Dev] configure.ac stuff (DarwinPorts)

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Feb 21 12:57:19 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Carl Makin wrote:

> Well, I'm using DarwinPorts, not Fink on MacOS X 10.2.4 on a G4 cube.
> DarwinPorts puts files in /opt/local/[bin|lib|include].  Also since not
> everything is in DarwinPorts yet I manually installed ImageMagick and
> Shapelib into /usr/local.
>
> Using environment variables CFLAGS and LDFLAGS set appropriately it
> compiles fine and certainly loads .gif and .jpg images and displays them.
>
> I'm also playing with it on FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE.  The FreeBSD ports
> system places Shapefil into /usr/local.  It looks like configure only
> checks /usr/X11R6/include/libshp for shapefil.h.

This is with the latest CVS Xastir right?  Not any of the released
version?  Just making sure we're talking about the same thing here.

Xastir Developers:  Would it make sense to add
/opt/[bin|lib|include] and /opt/local/[bin|lib|include] to all of
the search paths?

We're starting to get a lot of directories in there, but that's ok
with me as long as it helps it run on more systems.  Perhaps
Jack/Chuck have some ideas on how to make adding more directories
to configure.ac easier.  For the extra map libraries it's a bit of a
pain still.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com