[Xastir-Dev] Message path bug?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Feb 24 19:52:14 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Mark Dieterich wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended "feature".  I try sending a
> message from my TCP/IP client and set a specific PATH in "Send Message Box",
> which is different than the default PATH (i.e. the PATH my TCP/IP
> station received the last update via).  The initial trasmission of the
> message appears to use the correct path, but additional transmissions
> use the default path.  Is this the expected behavior?

If I understand the above correctly, no, that's not the intention.

Let's get this straight though:  You're leaving the Send Message box
open, setting a non-default path, initiating a transmission, and the
first try is to the correct path, but the retries aren't?  Or do you
mean the next message line you send goes to a different path than is
listed in the box?

If you're closing the Send Message box each time and re-opening it
to send the next message (or it's coming up on it's own when someone
else sends you a message) then you'll have to type in the path
again.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com