[Xastir-Dev] building with shapelib

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Feb 27 12:24:05 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I'm having some trouble building Xastir for Debian with shapelib.
> The problem is that we have /usr/include/shapelib.h without the libshp
> subdirectory.
>
> In 1.1.3-Feb-02, configure found it OK and src/maps.c had to be modified
> to change the include path. In 1.1.4-Feb-19, configure looks for
> libshp/shapelib.h instead.
>
> Could somebody who knows autoconf better than I suggest a change that
> would find shapelib.h in /usr/include?

I'll see what I can do.

> I'm about to upload 1.1.4-Feb-19 for Debian.

Can you hold off and snag the 1.1.4-Mar-01 (or so) snapshot instead?
Some very good fixes went in there for weather alerts and bulletins
that would be worth having.  Current CVS has them, but I'll be doing
another snapshot on or shortly after March 1st that will also have
them.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com