[Xastir-Dev] Developers: Tried the map draw interrupt capability yet?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 5 12:08:42 EDT 2003

Has anyone tried interrupting a map draw by further mouse/keyboard
input?  Latest CVS added some mods for that.

I just filed a minor bug w.r.t. how symbols/tracks get drawn during
an interrupt.  That should be easily solvable when I get time.

I'm interested in any _other_ bugs found while doing this.  Doing a
zoom/pan in the middle of loading maps exercises the new feature.
Multiple resizes also exercise it.

Yesterday I took out the initial draw-interrupt code that was in the
innermost draw loops of some of the map draw code.  It was just
making things too slow.

For the most part you'll see map drawing cease in between each map
file, although a few of the bigger draw functions have checks for the
interrupt in more places.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer