[Xastir-Dev] "yellow3"

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Sun Jun 1 17:29:19 EDT 2003

Hello,

The default map I use has the land-mass filled as yellow. In main.c the
yellow color from WinAPRS maps is mapped to the "yellow2" color from
xastir.rgb. The same color is however also used as track color, which means
that tracks of that color are almost invisible.

I would very much like that that tracks use a different color than the
polygon fill color. In my xastir copy I changed colors[0x63] from "yellow2"
to "yellow3" (line 6879). "yellow3" is not used anywhere in the source
(according to "grep"). I changed the assignment for "yellow3" in xastir.rgb
(in the config directory) to a more soft yellow color:

238 238 150 yellow3 (line 53)

This is a "light" version of "yellow2". Now the map looks better and it is
still possible to see the yellow track. I guess there are more conflicting
colors for tracks and polygon fills.

If vector map colors have their own set of colors, it would also be
possible to make "Map Intensity" work for vector maps. Currently vector
maps are not affected by the "Map Intensity" setting.

The ultimate solution would be if the tracks get a black outline (or
reverse color outline), that way they would always stand out. Changing the
color as I did is however very simple and without much risk to xastir's
stability.

Kind regards,

Henk.