[Xastir-Dev] invisible object

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jun 2 17:05:03 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> Try this:
>
> create item/object
> choose signpost
> enter "1" for the name of the signpost.
> Chose create object.
>
> It doesn't show up.  This gets put into the object.log file:
>
> ;1        *022040z4048.41N\07357.43W

I did the same thing, but got this:

  ;1        *022102z4824.25N\12237.31Wm

Notice the 'm' at the end, which is the second part of a  signpost
symbol.

> View/All Statios finds it but the symbol is a 4 inside a circle.
>
> Editing this to be:
>
> )1    !4048.41N\07357.43Wm
>
> Makes it show up.

Changing it from an Object to an Item shouldn't matter in this case.
What should matter is the 'm' on the end.

Is it possible that someone on the internet screwed up the packet
and then sent it back to you without the 'm'?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com