[Xastir-Dev] Problem Redhat 5.2 Imagemagik 5.3.5

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Wed Jun 4 11:47:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

I was happy that I could get Xastir compiled on my old RH5.2 system.
However the CVS copy I snatched this afternoon doesn't recognize
ImageMagick anymore. The previous copy I had from March 20 worked OK and
only gave a warning about using an old version (5.3.7 instead of 5.4.9.

I know the detection for ImageMagick was changed to use a new method,
aparently it broke something. I also tested on SuSE 7.3, but as expected no
problems there. The SuSE system uses ImageMagick version 5.3.8.

I did a bit of digging, I've put "set -x" and "set +x" arround the
detection part in the generated "configure" script, it looks like bash on
my system doesn't like the "==" sign used in the test... Maybe that's all
that needs fixing? Here is the section:

checking for Xm/XpmI.h... no
+ use_imagemagick=mu
+ old_version=5.4.9
+ set dummy Magick-config --version
+ ac_word=Magick-config
+ echo configure:11440: checking for Magick-config
+ echo -n checking for Magick-config...
checking for Magick-config... + test  = set
+ test -n
+ as_save_IFS=

+ IFS=:
+ IFS=

+ test -z /usr/local/bin
+ test -f /usr/local/bin/Magick-config
+ IFS=

+ test -z /bin
+ test -f /bin/Magick-config
+ IFS=

+ test -z /usr/bin
+ test -f /usr/bin/Magick-config
+ ac_cv_prog_magick_config=yes
+ echo configure:11464: found /usr/bin/Magick-config
+ break 2
+ test -z yes
+ magick_config=yes
+ test -n yes
+ echo configure:11472: result: yes
+ echo yes
yes
+ test yes == yes
configure: test: ==: binary operator expected
+ use_imagemagick=no
+ echo configure:11827: checking for ImageMagick
+ echo -n checking for ImageMagick...
checking for ImageMagick... + echo configure:11829: result: no
+ echo no
no
+ set +x
checking for TIFFClose in -ltiff... yes