[Xastir-Dev] Map Drawing Tweaks

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Jun 17 17:13:32 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> This is an excellent idea, and it would go well with the suggestion I
> made of providing minimum zoom levels for maps as part of the chooser.

Since we really need to get on to Xastir-2 sometime soon and not get
bogged down in too much other stuff, how about this as a compromise:

Don't draw a map if its extents are less than 10% of the viewport in
either direction.

Don't draw a map if the viewport is less than 10% of the map extents
in both directions.

Make the percent value user-changeable.

Doing it this way instead of adding min/max to the Map
Chooser->Properties menu would allow a quick fix, without having to
implement a more complicated method twice, once for Xastir-1.2.x,
once for Xastir-2/Database version.

It also allows the user to set a global default, avoiding going into
the properties menu and changing things on every file.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com