[Xastir-Dev] Re: New Directory Structure

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jun 25 18:28:17 EDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> My recommendation is to support multiple, user-definable map directories.
>
> ~/.xastir/maps and /usr/share/xastir/maps are good defaults.  Someone
> who mounts their maps on optical media may wish to add their own map
> directories like /mnt/maps or whatever.

As in:

    cd .xastir/maps
    ln -s /mnt/maps optical

There, problem solved!  User-defineable map directories.  As many
as you'd like to define...

What I'm trying to accomplish with the symlink to
/usr/share/xastir/maps:  A simple tweak that doesn't require major
changes to the map indexing/lookup code, but gives us a unified view
of the map directories from within the Map Chooser.

You still didn't mention what your preferences were for the default
naming (from my last message).

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com