[Xastir-Dev] Anyone done Sharp Zaurus yet?

Rolf Bleher, DK7IN xastir at dk7in.de
Thu Mar 6 17:00:13 EST 2003

Hi Jeff,

> Looking at things to put in the new Jeep... and wondering if anyone
> has ported Xastir to the Zaurus yet... Especially the new folding
> one Sharp hasn't brought to the US market yet...

I have a Zaurus myself, and it already has 70 MBytes of map data on it
for qpeGPS. So it would be very nice if Xastir would run on it too.

But Xastir uses X and LessTif/Motif while the Zaurus uses Qt. It could
be done, but will be a lot of work... :-(

You could port X on it, and maybe all the other stuff, I have not
tried it. I have read that it needs a lot of memory and processing
power...

73 de Rolf
--
 \   Dipl.-Ing. Rolf Bleher   /          xastir at dk7in.de          \