[Xastir-Dev] Re: [Xastir] May 4th Tornado Outbreak

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Mon May 5 18:38:47 EDT 2003

On Monday 05 May 2003 17:34, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
<snip>
> At first glance the code in time_from_aprsstring() appears to be
> incorrect.  It looks like we're subtracting the offsets from our
> expiration time, creating a time_t out of it, and then comparing
> that to time_now() for expiration.  The end result is that we expire
> a few hours too soon or too late depending on the timezone we're in.
> Anyone concur?

Not sure at the moment. I'm in a GMT -5 timezone. Would that cause a late or
early expiration? I wouldn't notice it anyway, I think, since wxserver sends
out the kill packet when an alert expires anyway, right?

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.