[Xastir-Dev] Re: [Xastir] May 4th Tornado Outbreak

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue May 6 09:52:39 EDT 2003

A good WFO will do exactly this: If the duty forecaster feels the need
is warranted, he's going to issue the warning.  If the need for a
watchbox diminishes, he can retract it.  Good practice: They try not to
cry 'wolf' too often, but keep the calls realistic.  The 'kill/cancel'
alerts are good data to keep around.

If you follow our Forecast Discussions, you find that the logic
associated with forecasts, watches, and changes are discussed in
readable form.  Not all NWS regions do it, but ours (Lance's and mine,
Southern Region) encourages this strongly.

gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173