[Xastir-Dev] File loading speed

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue May 6 10:32:43 EDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Reuven Z Gevaryahu wrote:

> I just told Xastir to suck in a 16mb log file, and it is approaching 1
> hour still loading the file. The CPU usage is low, and it is loading
> several lines per second. Has anyone profiled or investigated where the
> bottleneck is loading and parsing the data?

No need to.  There's a delay built-in there.  We added it way back
when so that you could actually see the mobiles driving around and
such for demo purposes.  Without the delay it's a mishmash of
drawing going on and you don't see the whole picture until it is
done.

The original intent was to add a user-specified delay, so that it
could be used for demo purposes w/delay, or for sucking in a log
quickly w/o a delay.  I think that's still on the feature request
list somewhere.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com