[Xastir-Dev] another patch: ancillary scripts to pkglibdir && RPMS!

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Sun May 18 23:15:48 EDT 2003

This patch causes the ancillary scripts and binaries like fcc-get,
callpass, etc. to go in /usr/lib/xastir (also known as $pkglibdir)
instead of into /usr/bin.  Now only xastir goes in /usr/bin.  (Assuming
prefix=/usr.)

I've also redone the patch for /usr/share to use $pkgdatadir instead of
$datadir/xastir.  Ends up being the same place, just cleaner way to name it.

Also attached is a sample xastir.spec.in but note it's hacked up for the
May 15th intermediate 1.1.5 source tar which doesn't match the generic
version naming convention.  And it includes the above two patches.

It would probably be a good idea to have some base level of maps
included via the spec file (e.g. worldhi.map at  a minimum).  I'll try
to work on that if you think these's patches are worthwhile in the first
place.

http://www.columbia.edu/~alan/xastir/  now contains all necessary add-on
RPMS to install xastir with all the bells and whistles on a stock Red
Hat 9 system.  I rolled my own spec files even when some packages might
have had a spec if that was out of date (like festival's) and I couldn't
find the source spec for it.  Packages include festival, gpsmanshp,
libax25, libgeotiff, proj, shapelib, gpsman, perl-GPS.  The SPECS and
SRPMS are there as well.  SPECS are of course the most useful as they
document how I packaged up the various sources (and worked around some
wierd stuff with festival).

Getting closer to being able to hand someone 3 RH 9 and one Xastir CD ....

73 de Alan N2YGK