[Xastir-Dev] wind barb and more

Rolf Bleher, DK7IN xastir at dk7in.de
Wed May 21 06:44:24 EDT 2003

Hi,

during my translation work I saw some more small errors but first I
need your help.

Can someone explain to me what "wind barb" means, I didn't found a
suitable translation and think it has nothing to do with barbed wire
in the wind ;-)  Is that a sudden strong wind for a short time period
with a higher velocity than over a longer time?

I also don't know what the "Heat Index" in the weather station context
is.

In Smart Beaconing I found tokens for strings with both mph and kph
but only mph seems to be used in the code as unit.
"Turn Slope" is missing the unit (deg) in the English language file.
The dialog will look better, if you fill the entries 002 to 010 with
blanks to align the entry fields.

In the timing dialog the slider for "Station Clear Time" is shorter
than the others.

In the current CVS version I seem not to be able to change the entries
in the "Map chooser" - "Properties" Dialog as before. There also
seems to be a problem with the alignment of the translated strings
(Yes/No or empty field). In German it would be (Ja/Nein) and is
shorter or longer than the English version.

There are no tokens in the language file for "Start trail" and trail
length" in the findu.com dialog.

Does RELAY-Digipeater default to ON with new installs? I think this
should be off per default.

In the TNC interface dialogues some tokens are missing from the
language file for the Setup/Shutdown files and the KISS parameters.

73 de Rolf
--
 \   Dipl.-Ing. Rolf Bleher   /          xastir at dk7in.de          \