[Xastir-Dev] wind barb and more

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed May 21 13:46:58 EDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Rolf Bleher, DK7IN wrote:

> In Smart Beaconing I found tokens for strings with both mph and kph
> but only mph seems to be used in the code as unit.

I'll check on this.  For me though it's not a problem!  ;-)

> "Turn Slope" is missing the unit (deg) in the English language file.

As I recall, turn slope doesn't have any units.  It's _not_ in
degrees.  I believe that variable is unitless as defined.  More than
likely all of the other language files need to be changed to remove
"(deg)".

> The dialog will look better, if you fill the entries 002 to 010 with
> blanks to align the entry fields.

I'll look into doing this, or perhaps making the text right-aligned.

> In the timing dialog the slider for "Station Clear Time" is shorter
> than the others.

I don't see this, in German or English.  The widget looks identical
to the other widgets in size, both horizontally and vertically.

> In the current CVS version I seem not to be able to change the entries
> in the "Map chooser" - "Properties" Dialog as before.

It could be that something got broken yesterday when I was
implementing the other language changes you requested.

> There also
> seems to be a problem with the alignment of the translated strings
> (Yes/No or empty field). In German it would be (Ja/Nein) and is
> shorter or longer than the English version.

We don't adjust the column width based on the language strings
there.  I'm not sure I want to do this in the code (adding new code
during code freeze is a no-no).  An alternative would be to add more
language strings with different padding of spaces around the "Yes"
entries in order to line things up properly.

What you can do is pad the "Ja" with a space to make it " Ja" or "Ja
", whichever looks better in the dialog.  I don't think we use "No"
in the columns.

> There are no tokens in the language file for "Start trail" and trail
> length" in the findu.com dialog.

I'll look at that.

> Does RELAY-Digipeater default to ON with new installs? I think this
> should be off per default.

I disagree, and in fact Bob Bruninga seems to disagree with this as
well.  The ideal is to have all houses become an automatic RELAY
digipeater to help other fixed and mobile stations to get into the
network.  On a case-by-case basis this capability can be turned off
where more than one RELAY digipeater covers an area.

> In the TNC interface dialogues some tokens are missing from the
> language file for the Setup/Shutdown files and the KISS parameters.

I think the KISS parameters were discussed and it was decided to
leave those as-is.  They're pretty well recognized world-wide, as
most TNC docs use the same lingo.  Agree?  Disagree?

I'll check on the other TNC parameters.  It's likely that we need
some more language strings there.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com