[Xastir-Dev] Bug report: WX format decoding error

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Sun May 25 16:29:36 EDT 2003

Hello all,

We are busy with a weather station and noticed that Xastir displays funny
values for the parameters that are left blank. The packet we receive looks
like:

PI1APA-10>APRS,PI1APA*,WIDE6-4:_05251459c204s002g002t   r000p443P445h   b
   #110xDNed

So the temperature, humiditiy and barometric pressure are not filled yet.
As per APRS spec noe existing paramaters can be either spaces or period
characters. Xastir however still sees it as a value. For temperature for
example -17 degrees Centigrade is displayed and for humidity 100%...

I've been away for a while and just re-subscribed. I hope to pick up soon
what the current topics are...

Kind regards,

Henk.