[Xastir-Dev] New theory

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri May 30 14:32:49 EDT 2003

I'm working on a new theory that the crashes reported in the last
week (which I didn't see by the way) were due to polygon objects
that were received corrupted.  This could result in less than the
minimum number of points being sent to the X11 draw functions.

It's not likely that we passed too _many_ points to X11, which could
also cause the error seen.

I'm going to be adding some checks for those X11 calls where we draw
arcs/polygons, checking for at least the minimum number of points to
be passed in.  I'll probably dump a warning message out to STDERR if
this occurs.

This message is just so you know what's happening when the code
changes are going in.  I'm not adding new features.  ;-)

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com