[Xastir-Dev] CPU still too busy for the wrong reasons

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Nov 28 12:30:00 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> xastir takes 90% of the CPU, but only 15% of the cpu is in user time,
> the other 85% is mostly in system time.
>
> This is about what I saw on a 450MHz machine, and now I'm on a 2000MHz
> machine.

I've seen high CPU in these conditions:

  Running Festival.

  Problems with network interfaces and Xastir retrying the connects.

  Zoomed out at U.S.-level or World-level.  Dead-Reckoning turned on.
  Hand-tweaked config file so that dead-reckoning ran every second.

What OS are you seeing this on, and is the problem contained to one
or more of the situations I described?

> Is there any progress on making xastir more friendly?

Separate issue, or are you talking about making it more CPU-friendly?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer