[Xastir-Dev] Re: Re: CPU still too busy for the wrong reasons

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Fri Nov 28 21:53:54 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 06:50:34PM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> There were also a very huge number of calls to various pthread-related
> calls:  I'm out of practice reading gprof output, but it looks like
> over 70 million calls to pthread_mutex_lock.  Remember, this is in a 3 minute
> run of xastir, with one internet server interface turned on.

Actually, this was a sign of my being out of practice reading gprof output.
Turns out that the 70 million calls were to a descendent of pthread_mutex_lock
(among others) called "spinlock_debug" --- pthread_mutex_lock was only called
about 230k times.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/