[Xastir-Dev] UTM Grid

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Oct 8 14:41:10 EDT 2003

The major UTM zones are now displayed if you're in UTM mode and have
map grid turned on.  If you see the horizontal grid lines in UTM
mode then you probably have the latest CVS.

Extra credit to someone who can tell me whether the vertical lines
should be drawn from 84N to 90N and from 90S to 80S.  Some charts
show only the southern portions drawn, some show neither.  These are
in the UPS coordinate system region.

Another thing I noticed is that the UTM coordinates in the status
line are wrong for the UPS (pole) regions.  They always show a "Z"
coordinate, which can't be right.

Should we support the UPS coordinate system at the poles?  If so,
we'll have to figure out the grid there and fix the status line UTM
stuff.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com