[Xastir-Dev] Annoying map chooser behavior to be corrected

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Oct 29 13:52:41 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I've been trying to trace map_indexer(), map_search(), and friends,
> and it's been a little mind-numbing.  If it gets too much for my poor
> addled brain, I'm perfectly happy to ship you the patches for what
> I've got working if you can solve this last problem.

I tried the checked-in code and it looks like the zoom level stuff
works very well.  Thanks for doing that!

A few things still:

1) I'd like to swap the positions of the new parameters in the
map_index file as specified in the last message direct to you.

2) I'd like the Map Properties window to be narrower.  I don't think
it fits on a 640x480 screen.  It needs to.

3) I'd like to be able to somehow merge the Map Chooser and the Map
Properties dialogs so that you can change properties more easily,
without having to manually synchronize between the two windows.
With a lot of maps and directories it gets hard to find the maps you
want to mess with sometimes, to both select them and to change their
properties.  I haven't figured out what I'd like it to look like
yet, but perhaps having another button on the Map Chooser that
brings up a Properties window that only has the selected maps in it?
That would narrow down the choice.

Another possibility would be to right-click on a map in the Map
Chooser and have it bring up properties for that map?  That would
allow quick changes to one map, but you'd still need to have the
full Map Properies dialog for making large numbers of changes at
once.  We'd also need a keyboard method of getting to that
right-click option.

Alan's comment about not having the window go back to position one
each time you make a change would be nice as well.  Perhaps we could
save the current widget position and then after refreshing,
reposition there.  I'm talking about the Map Properties dialog.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com