[Xastir-dev] first cut at geocoder

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Thu Apr 1 00:05:44 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 08:26:06PM -0800, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <archer at eskimo.com> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>
> > > Tom Russo beat you.  I snagged the WA 2003 Shapefiles and the WA
> > > geocode file.  For now those are all I need.  Of course I have to
> >
> > Not shocking. 100% of the 2003 data is at
> > http://www.dementia.org/geocoder/ now
>
> I think he just processed the WA one toward the first for my sake.

Yep.  I had a dull day and spare CPU cycles.

> Do his dbfawk files work the same on your Shapefiles?

If you used ogr2ogr and no special tricks that would change the dbf
signature, then they should.  If you converted them with a different
tool then all bets are off.

> What's the latest word on dbfawk and Weather Alerts?  Everything
> good now?

I did notice that weather alerts in my area do not show up for some
reason, but when I connect to firenet and get them for all over the
country I see them elsewhere.  I have not had time to figure out why,
and the weather's been great here ever since then...

I have also noticed that there is some oddness that causes all
shapefiles to be displayed at about a 50% dash if any weather alert
shows up anywhere in the field of view, and it stays that way for
good.  I have not spent any time tracking that down, either.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "It is inhumane in my opinion to force people who have a genuine
  medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently
  view it as some kind of recreational activity."  -- Dave Barry