[Xastir-dev] geocoder and "find address" input length

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Fri Apr 2 18:52:52 EST 2004

I just tried out the "find address" feature using the geocoder and ran into
a problem finding my parents' address:

The input line for the street didn't let me enter the whole address. They
live on a TX Farm-to-Market road, which is usually abbreviated as FM, but
the labels in my shapefiles show it as "W Farm-to-Marked Road XXXX"

When I type the full address:
YYYY W Farm-To-Market Road XXXX", I can't fit it all in because it's too
long (won't let me type past "...Road XX". Is there a reason for this limit?

It didn't work when I tried just "YYYY W FM XXXX", so I figured the geocoder
didn't have or know about the abbreviation.

(Actual street number is not really "XXXX" or "YYYY", but I don't want to
scare my parents!)

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://map.findu.com/kj5o-14
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.