[Xastir-dev] args to data_add()

Wendell Turner wendell at adsi-m4.com
Fri Apr 9 14:51:23 EDT 2004

What are the arguments to db.c:data_add() ?

They seem to be something like

  type: enum (OTHER_DATA seems safe)

  callsign: string (20 chars max, db key for future calls)

  path: string (can't be null, must end in '*' or '*,')

  data: string ("lat/lng>someotherdatastuff", seems to vary
        based on what type is)

  from: char (unknown)

  port: integer (-1 seems safe)

  origin: string (NULL seems safe here)

  third_party: integer (0 seems ok)

If I want to place a (moving) target on the map, it looks like
type should be some indicator that says data will contain either
a gps sentence or some other lat/long/alt encoding.  Correct?

(Sorry, but I don't do radios, just aircraft.  However, now with
the ability to use FAA sectionals, it should be easy to use
xastir as a moving map display for the FlightGear
(www.flightgear.org) simulator.  Would the xastir community be
interested in those patches?)

Wendell